Thursday 1 March 2018

Writing Challenge 14 - Write a story with the word "Salt" in 250 words or less

Letter to Chef

Dear Papa,

You always wanted to cook for important persons well now you have the chance to cook for God. Hope God is not too picky like I was. The kitchen still reminds me of you from the smell of homemade spices. It still tingles my nose because of the paprika. But it feels strange now that I don't hear you chopping veggies in the morning.

Me and mama are doing fine recently I even

Hey Papa, remember when you told me about salt and how it makes food better? Last week I learned that our tears had salt in them. Isn't that weird? Maybe it's to make one feel better after crying. I guess it kind of works. Crying made it a little bit better. But I had to pour out a lot of salt until it stopped hurting. It still feels very empty and sometimes I still wonder why you're not here anymore. But now I can leave my bedroom.

I tried one of your recipes yesterday and almost chopped off my fingers. I made a mess of the kitchen. Served the dish to Mama and she cried. Maybe it needed more salt. It's not that easy to cook without our master chef. I wish you taught me how to cook. I wish I spent more time with you.


We miss your food.
And we miss our super great chef even more.

With love,

Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment