Wednesday 7 February 2018

Writing Challenge 12 - Write a story with 250 words or less with the theme "Dance"

Da Capo Again. I exhaled with force and coordinated my breath. Sweat dripped from the man in the mirror. From the eyebrows, down the chin, balancing for a moment before falling to the ground. A troupe of perspiration gathered between my feet. I grabbed a towel from my worn-out bag in the far corner of the empty dance room and began cleaning up my own mess. A few moments of rest which ended as I flung the cloth across the room. Again. I sat down, took my position. The music started and I moved in swift motion, accenting my limbs and figure as I stepped across the floor. My body screamed out in pain but I clenched my teeth and focused on the person in the mirror. Reviewing. The dancer moved like a leaf fluttering down a gentle wind. A natural grace but with no self-control. The turns quick and sharp. The balance flailing. A mess except for the eyes, poised to devour an audience. The music ended and I held my pose for a full measure before allowing myself to relax and embrace the floor. My eyes were heavy but I still forced myself to look in the mirror. My body was tired. Maybe it was time to call it a night. I stared at the reflection. He shook his head. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment