Monday 4 September 2017

Writing Challenge 4 - A Poems Using the Words: Blue, Mistrust, Half, Twang

Remember the poem-post from a month ago? 
Well, it was due to this writing challenge that I discovered how fun it could be to write in rhyme and syllables. 
I had no previous experience in constructing a poem except that some could rhyme but some didn't. I've read some poems and "The Raven" by Poe will also have a place in my heart. 
With some google-fu, I managed to discover sonnets and other basic poem-structures. Now I can also puff out my chest with pride since I've updated my vocabulary with fancy words such as 'stanzas' and 'pentameter' (note that I didn't implement this one in my poems, it was too darn difficult). 

Here are two poems using the words: blue, mistrust, half and twang



Stranger Danger

Do I dare to reach for strangers,
Since the web is full of dangers,
Do I dare to reach for a hand,
Or is it here I make my stand?

Critique and Improvement are what I need,
But is my pride sowing the doubts of seed,
To mistrust the guidance from a stranger,
Even though in truth they are the changer?


Not half of 'em ain't worth my time,
They merely grovel nice and chime,
They have nothing to help my text,
My mind is thinking simply 'Next!"


Why do I feel blue, What bruises my heart,
Why do I regret I didn't write from start,
It’s never too late to inspire a crowd,
Twang their heartstrings and make them laugh out loud


Do I dare to reach for strangers,
Since the web is full of dangers
Do I dare to reach for a hand,

Yes, and my work will be so grand!




False Sky

Staring at the sky that is mortal blue,
It’s life blackening with every second,
In darkness, light glimmers that still is true,
But those false shines merely beckoned,

Half of them are not really there, but dead,
It’s just the message still hasn’t reached us,
So stop the staring and go back to bed,
No complaining, no use to try and fuss,

Know that the false lights are merely stardust,
The small lights you yearn are no longer there,
The sky is filled with falsehood and mistrust,
Hear your heart finally twang in despair.

But even though the lights are false and dead,
I can’t stop my staring, the one in red.



No comments:

Post a Comment